Wednesday, December 28, 2005

PRIDE SHOCKWAVE Predictions Part Deaux

Yesterday we covered the 1st 4 fights for the upcoming event. Let's do a couple more, this is almost like Christmas!!!!

We'll start off with Makoto Takimoto VS. Sanae Kikuta

These two fighters are relatively unknown. OK, so one of them is relatively unknown. I have seen Takimoto fight in PRIDE against a very tough Dong Sik Yoon. It was a pretty even and uneventful fight. Yoon took a lot of punishment, this could also indicate taht Takimoto has no power. Other than that I don't know much about him.

Kikuta on the other hand has been around the block a few times. He has been from Pancrase to UFC to PRIDE. Racking up a 24-6-3 record along the way. Unfortunately I don't think this will be much of a fight. Takimoto didn't impress me last time I saw him and I don't think he will impress me on this card. This may be a quick one.

Next we move on to Kazuhiro Nakamura VS. Yuki Kondo

This one has a good chance to be the yawner of the night. I like Kondo but he just doesn't seem to finish, Nakamura is the same. I don't even know if this will be one of those technical fights, just plain old boring.

Come on guys, prove me wrong, I'd love to see it.

Let's finish off strong with a couple of big boys....

James Thompson VS. Giant Silva

No typo here..... Silva is 7 ft 5 and comes in at 360 while Thompson is a mere 6 ft 5 and 264! If you haven't seen him you will want to, Thompson can put on a show. A lot of the big boys are slow and gas out easy. Thompson is not slow and we don't know what's in the gas tank because he either has a knock out or has been knocked out. Silva comes from a Pro Wrestling background and will depend on his size to slow down Thompson. Although I think Thompson will win I am alway interested in watching someone take on another person so much bigger. That is one of the reasons I admire Royce Gracie, I know a lot of people don't like him but he took on a lot of people much bigger than he. If you've never grappled with someone, even with little or no experience, who is that much bigger you should try. It's not that easy to move someone a foot taller and 100 pounds bigger.

That's all for now! five more fights to go!!!! There should be some good ones left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home