Thursday, March 24, 2005

OK I have to get political again.

It doesn't happen very often but I do find myself feeling rather political after speaking with my father. For those of you who don't know he is a US Government teacher, has been almost my whole life (yep, you're old dad!). So after watching the evening news and flipping past the headline channels all talking about the Schiavo case (hope I spelled that correct) I decided to do some research. I've come up with some interesting (if only to me) points to ponder....

We've all heard Bush, along with every major conservative and religious leader, state that they will try and keep Mrs Schiavo alive because she has rights. I've heard different leaders and the family refer to Mr Schiavo as; heartless, a terrible husband, a liar. The phsycic John Edwards was even on a monrning show saying that he "knew" she was coherant even if she couldn't talk. (couldn't see his own show getting cancelled but saw this?) We have also heard over the 1+ terms that George W firmly believes in getting rid of abortion, also to proctect life.

I realize that I am generalizing and grouping people together but I think it's fair to say that the conservative and religious leaders have done a lot in the past 6 years to have a protect life at all costs stance.

I can respect and appreciate these values, may even agree with some of them. The train came to a screeching hault when I read on line about the "Texas Futile Care Law". George W Bush signed this law in.

The Texas Futile Care Law states (readers digest version) that a hospital can "pull the plug" on someone who is unable to pay their medical bills. This past week an infant had the plug pulled against the parents wishes due to lack of payment. (Isn't Texas George W's state?)

If we truly had a 'liberal' media wouldn't this be all over the f*&^%ng place! I've been hearing about the Schiavo case for how long now????? I had to read about this infant, the 6 year old Baby Hudson (boy), on line.

So I guess all in all life is precious and valuable.....as long as you have the money to keep paying for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW dog! Ok... I am a die hard republican (But against BUSH on this issue)... Have yet to hear about that last law that was past in Texas... I am going to have to take a look into that one!
My Opinion... (witch should not matter in any case) is this whole case is some straight up BULL SHIT! No one should have life support pulled just because they can't pay... Money should never be the issue when we are dealing with life and death... On the whole issue with this lady... I personally think is not ours... Nor the GOVERNMENTS decision to make... IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM... Get the fucking media out of this bull shit... I think the family and the x-hub should all get together and work something out... we can all form our opinions... but they should not way the courts one way or the other!!!!

Daniel -- SCOTCH

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home