Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My 2 Week notice

Well I finally heard from my new company and should be able to turn in my 2 week notice tomorrow, after I get my written offer of course. I've been working on it but I don't know that I have it just right. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Dear Mien Fuer,

Sieg Hiel! This letter is to inform you of my intention of resigning my position in two weeks. I really do not feel that my skills match your requirements. Sure, I CAAAN work 140 hours every week, and I do realize that I would still get 4 hours to sleep every day but I would like to see the sunlight at sometime in my life. I've appreciated all the support you've given me, you always know the right questions to keep me thinking. Like that time you asked me, "Bruceleeroy, Do you know what your problem is?" I really had to stop and think, you know, unfortunately I don't. I realize now that I may have gone on with my life not realizing that my problem was that I could not read your mind. What could my life possibly have become if I can't grasp the concept of "we have to". Remember when we had 2 jobs that would both take 8 hours and they both needed to mail today. "It can't be done" I said, but in your infanant wisdom you replied "we have to". And the way you chewed me out when you committed to the CEO that both jobs would indeed mail and they didn't, pure inspiration. When you cut my staff because we had to cut cost and I said "how can I possibly run 8 machines with 5 operators???" Your reply, "we have to". And now that we are behind on those jobs and I am on a conference call everyday with a CEO that asks why there's a backlog....Your silence is appreciated, certainly I can handle that on my own. Isn't it funny that we moved our business to Nashville 9 months ago with 4 managers and in 2 weeks the last one will leave, replacing a combined 54 years of mailing experience with about 3 months? Maybe not. What about when the 1st manager quit and her staff reported to you and 2 of those 4 have quit? Probably just an odd 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the swell time Fuckers!

Sincerely,


The Last Dragon, Bruceleeroy

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Woo-hoo! Let me know when it's official and I'll buy you a drink!

9:21 AM  
Blogger peach said...

sorry, i'm late coming to the dance, but i second linda's woo-hoo!! i'll buy the second drink!!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home