Thursday, January 12, 2006

Kudos to the Predators Fans!!

So I think my cry was heard. Earlier this year I wrote an article (if you can call it that) on what I did not like about the Predators game experience compared to what I'm used to in Colorado. I want to give credit where credit is due. To briefly rec ap, I don't like the country music, this is hockey! Don't confuse the Finish players. I also didn't like the absence of the random "Red Wings Suck" chants I'm used to hearing in Colorado. Now, you don't actually need to be playing the Red Wings to use this chant. It's just always appropriate.

On Tuesday I went to the Islanders game and the old faithful up in Cell Block 303 started a Red Wings Suck chant. It brought a little tear to my eye. I don't know if some of you that read and commented on my previous article reside in Cell Block 303 but if you do.....BIG KUDOS.

I do like the rowdiness coming out of that group, the chants are good and the crowd seemed more into this game than the other 10 I've been to this year. I still could do without the country music but I find that if I walk around during the intermission that doesn't bother me so much. At the Islanders game it was more of a rock cover thing anyways.

Now, if I could just get the locals here to start "Red Wings Suck" chants at Kroger and in fine eateries I'd feel like I was home.

Just cuz I know I'll here about it.....Yes, I am a Preds fan. Avs will always be my #1 but I'm solid in routing for the Preds outside of that game! We have a great team here, they are young, fast and the have the toughness. Voukon is playing some good hockey as well. Get out to those games and support them.

2 Comments:

Blogger saraclark said...

Well, it's because, you know, they DO suck. I can appreciate the talent on the Red Wings team, but I can't stand them because they will always stand between the Preds and the playoffs. No other teams have to deal with that level of competition. It will make us better in the long run.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Bruceleeroy said...

I think there are some teams out in the East that have to get through the Flyers and Ottowa that may disagree with you. And, yes I do know, RED WINGS SUCK!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home