Wednesday, April 12, 2006

UFC 59 ~ Reality Check

Due to my lack of time with summer rolling around let me quickly run through my predictions. I apologize I don't have the time to do as I normally do with the links and all but you can find about everything you need to know about the fighters on UFC or Sherdog . Obviously the UFC website will have all the most up to date info. I have found Sherdog to be one of the more informative when it comes to fighters records and information. Sherdog will also have a 'play by play' on the night of the event, including the undercard. Or you can swing by Spring Hill MMA (my casa) and watch, just bring me some beer!

THE UNDERCARD

Evan Tanner VS Justing Levens

I'd like to see Tanner get back on the winning side of things, I've always liked him as a fighter. He lost his championship to Rich Franklin a year ago, he was then winning the fight against David Loiseau when he took a couple of nasty elbows which opened a few ugly cuts (not to take anything away from Loiseau, he won the fight).

My Pick - Tanner


Thiago Alves VS Derrick Noble

I'm picking Alves in this one.


Jason Lambert VS Terry Martin

Terry Martin has some good skills. If you watch the UFC's Ultimate KO's 2 on SPIKE TV, he's the one that flying knee. If you saw it you remember it. I'd really like to see him cut to 185 though, I feel he's got some room to come down and be the big man in the class instead of the small man.

I'm taking Lambert in this one.



Karo Parysian VS Nick Thompson

I won $10 picking Nick Thompson the last time I was at the fights in Tunica, MS. He looked real good fighting 3 times in one night. He's gonna need to bring all that to fight Karo. Karo should be a little upset that he had a title shot and lost it due to an injury. He'll be looking to get back into the mix of that title contention.

I take Karo.


David Terrell VS Scott Smith

I don't know anything about Smith other than looking him up. Terrell got a shocking KO victory over Matt Lindland couple years back.

Just for giggles I'm going to pick the underdog, Smith.


THE MAIN CARD

Jeff Monson VS Marcio Cruz

I haven't been impressed with Cruz, he did beat Frank Mir (former HW champ) in his last fight. Monson is a strong guy who will bring the action.

I pick Monson.



Nick Diaz vs Sean Sherk

Diaz has lost a lot of fans with his attitude in the last couple fights. When he looses he always blames something else. Sherk lost his last outing to Georges St Pierre (no slouch).

I cannot route or pick Diaz. I take Sherk!


Tito "The Huntington Beach Badboy" Ortiz VS Forrest Griffin

We will find out pretty quick in this one if Forrest is truly ready to be at this level. Tito has been there and done that so you know he'll be ready. Look for Forrest to want to keep it standing, if he can he's got a better chance in my opinion. Look for Tito to take him down and run with a little ground and pound.

As much as I hate picking him, I think Tito will win. (hope I'm wrong)


Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovsky VS Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia

This should be a great fight. These two have already fought once, Arlovsky the victor by submission. Sylvia should be a little better prepared this time but I think the outcome will be the same. I think Arlovsky is too quick, too strong and too good for Sylvia. Should be a closer fight though.

I take the pitbull!

Peace and Humptiness forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home