Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sanchez vs Koscheck

OK, here we go. Diego Sanchez vs Josh Koscheck. If you'll remember I did pick Diego at the start of this whole thing, the winner of this fight goes on to beat Kenny Florian. Florian is an excellent fighter but I don't think he stands a chance against either of these guys, he just is giving up to much size!
The 1st round started a little slow, Diego initiated all the action, Kos tried a gew leg kicks but the didn't have much on them. Diego was more active, controlled the ring the whole round. Kos ended up taking Diego down but he was able to get right back up and land a couple of stikes and knees. I have Diego up 1-0. (so did the ladies of my IM conference)
Round 2 - more of the same, Kos was able to take Diego down almost at will but immediately Diego would either attempt a submission more or get up. When he got anywhere near a submission Kos would back out. Kos also began keeping his head down allowing Diego to deliver knees causing a bloody nose. Diego up -2-0.
Round 3. Diego upped his end of the deal, getting more aggressive toward the end of the fight. He looked very tired coming into the round but it was Kos that ended up gassing out toward the end. Diego dominated this fight start to finish. Kos had the takedowns going for him but nothing else. Diego was striking, throwing knees, initiating the action and he was far more active from his back than Kos was from the top and more dominant striking position. This should be an easy one to score, Diego 30-27. (3 rounds to 0 on a 10 point must system where the winner of the round gets 10 and the loser gets 9 or less for those who don't know).
Dana White comes out and announces a split decision?????? WTF! The 1st judge had Deigo 29-28, the second judge had 30-27 for Kos (he must have been watching a completely different fight, unbelievable. I know I don't like Koscheck, I think he's a piece of crap, but I've been scoring fights since I was about 6 years old. My daddy taught me young, it was an old hobby of his.) The final judge had it for Diego, I think 29-28 again. Thank God! That would have been the worst decision ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home